Parents and Friends
St Mary’s College Parents and Friends Association membership is open to all parents/carers of students involved in the College. The P & F meet formally and regularly to contribute to the life and welfare of the school, and participate in College activities. The P & F Association is not limited to fundraising but is involved in the total life of the College.
What do we do?
- We develop a community inclusive of a Catholic` ethos.
- We support and work in partnership with the principal and staff.
- We participate in decision making and deal with issues in a positive and cooperative manner.
- We promote interaction between home and college, parents and teachers to establish a good working relationship in order to achieve a common direction.
- We encourage parent participation in College life and provide the organizational structure to create a forum to do so.
- We assist in providing resources to the College when necessary.
- We endeavour to be seen fair when distributing monies raised across all year levels in the College - early childhood, junior primary and secondary students and we have a process.
- We assist in the planning and organising of functions approved by a P & F meeting and the Principal.
- We strengthen the bonds of community and foster lay leadership
The P & F operates with the constitution and is obliged to adhere to aims, objectives and general principles as pronounced in the constitution.
MEETINGS ARE HELD ON THE FIRST TUESDAY OF EACH MONTH.
Please contact the President of the P&F if you would like to volunteer –
Mobile: 0400 431 976