Parents and Friends
St Mary’s College Parents and Friends Association membership is open to all parents/carers of students involved in the College. The P & F meet formally and regularly to contribute to the life and welfare of the school, and participate in College activities. The P & F Association is not limited to fundraising but is involved in the total life of the College.
What do we do?
- We develop a community inclusive of a Catholic` ethos.
- We support and work in partnership with the principal and staff.
- We participate in decision making and deal with issues in a positive and cooperative manner.
- We promote interaction between home and college, parents and teachers to establish a good working relationship in order to achieve a common direction.
- We encourage parent participation in College life and provide the organizational structure to create a forum to do so.
- We assist in providing resources to the College when necessary.
- We endeavour to be seen fair when distributing monies raised across all year levels in the College - early childhood, junior primary and secondary students and we have a process.
- We assist in the planning and organising of functions approved by a P & F meeting and the Principal.
- We strengthen the bonds of community and foster lay leadership
The P & F operates with the constitution and is obliged to adhere to aims, objectives and general principles as pronounced in the constitution.
President – Katrina Comito
Vice President – Valerie Birch
Secretary – Kristy Beckingham
Treasurer – Nina Durack
P&F Board Representatives – Katrina Comito and Eugenia George
A schedule of meetings is put out at the start of each year.